Sunday, September 21, 2008

Crabby

It's not so much that we went without power for three days, or that we need a new roof, or that we got sorta scammed on the temporary repair of our current roof, or that most of our fence is lying in our backyard, or that we had to throw out the entire contents of our refrigerator and freezer, or that all six of us spent an entirely sleepless night listening to roof tiles blow off our house, or that we didn't have DSL for more than a week, or that we're still lacking normal everyday essentials like ice cream and grape juice, or that the gym is still closed, or that I've run more than 60 miles on my treadmill in the last 10 days, or that our bedroom ceiling needs to be repainted; it's that the kids have now been out of school for almost two weeks (with no end in sight) and they are driving each other, and more importantly me, absolutely freaking bonkers.

12 comments:

Alissa said...

i am SO sorry!

Sounds like it was worse than you were hoping?

Doreen said...

Sorry you guys sustained so much damage. I'm with you on the school thing. The kids aren't going back until the 29th. Way to ruin a routine just a couple of weeks into it... Do you need help fixing stuff? Dave is becoming an expert at clearing trees and fixing fences. ;o)

lyn said...

I hear you. Maybe sticking around wasn't the best idea..(although I'd make the same decision if I had to do it again)

I bought ice cream at HEB on Friday - just so's you know...

sheri said...

Oh man, that sucks! I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having a tough time. I get tired of the kids being home for the weekend! Hope things start getting better soon. We missed your blogging.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Oh no! So sorry!

And I get you on the kids out of school thing....we have stupid year round and are on week 3 of no school ourselves. Ugh. If it weren't for the nursing baby, I might actually look forward to my jury duty on Thursday.

frugalmom said...

Sorry about all the damage--but it could be worse. My parents are still without power :-).

Amber said...

Sounds bad! I hope they get back to school soon. We're on dumb year round too and it seems like they barely start before they're off again.

Sara said...

All I can say is that I feel your pain girlfriend. I was ready for school to start TODAY!

Shelah said...

Doreen-- our damage really isn't that bad, I'm just being crabby. We do have a bunch of fence down, but we need to replace the sections with new posts, and we're just too lazy to do it right now.

Lyn-- thanks! We stocked up with three half gallons today. They actually have the HEB brand on sale for $2.14 right now.

frugalmom-- I know, things could be a lot worse. Some friends of ours live in the city and have a baby and they're now on day 10 with no power.

bluestocking mama said...

does NOT sound pleasant!

Courtney said...

It's just not fair to have them out of school for so long right after school starts! Plus, no ice cream - how could anyone deal with that.