Monday, September 22, 2008

Signed, sealed, on its way to being delivered...


...the job contract, that is.

I braved the post office with all four kids today (yep, still out of school) to mail Eddie's employment contract for the next two years.

You want to know where we're moving, don't you?

Well, I'll say this-- when I cryptically told people almost two months ago that we knew which job we were taking and were waiting to sign the contract, that was a different contract for a different job. We were so darn sure we were going to sign with that group that I spent the second half of our summer vacation in Utah scoping out houses and vacant lots. Then we got home, he got offered a job with a group where he wasn't expecting an offer, and after several weeks of consideration and flip-flopping back and forth, we eventually decided to take that job.

Without further ado-- Salt Lake City, here we come! Just as soon as school gets out. Which, depending on how long they end up staying out of school for the hurricane, could be a very long time from now.

18 comments:

Sarah said...

I was just rechecking your blog thinking I had missed your entry on where you guys are heading and then this entry popped up! Congratulations and hurray! Hope the kids get back to school soon...I didn't realize it had already been 2 weeks. That is grounds for craziness.

Any idea what part of SLC you want to live in? Who is the contract with?

Amber said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! :) I hear Davis county is a great place to live....

LL said...

hello friend of Smart Mama. You have such a fun blog, I'm so glad she put your name out there.
Now, I'm especially interested since your moving to Ut. I'll be curious to hear where, in SL, you end up living.
btw, you now have another Boston fan to cheer you on at the marathon, I'll be next to LG with a poster (and maybe some brownies..if you get hungry along the way :)
GOOD FOR YOU! i admire marathoners.

Shelah said...

The contract is with Utah Heart Clinic (the same group Jared works with) at the new Intermountain Hospital in Sandy. We're mostly looking at Millcreek and Holladay right now.

lyn said...

Congrats!! (although I'm a teensy bit sad, too - okay more than teensy...) I'm excited for the new chapter in your life. You guys have worked hard to get to this point!!

Sarah said...

Congrats Shelah! It must feel great to finally have that settled.

Valarie said...

woo-freaking-hoo! I was thinking Provo and was okay with that since it's still within occasional GNO range, but SLC is even better.

is it at the new IMC campus in Murray or are they building another new hospital?

Doreen said...

I'm jealous. I'll probably be stuck in hurricane land for a long time. Yay for you, though! :o)

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Very cool -- congrats!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

WOO! Congratulations!

sheri said...

WOOT! I might actually get to meet you in person next time I'm up visiting all the Utah nerds!

bluestocking mama said...

i'm jealous!

Company EIGHT said...

Congrats Shelah!! How exciting!

Courtney said...

I'm excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Sara said...

Well, I just emailed you minutes ago and mentioned that I didn't know where you're moving yet and then I looked here and found my answer. Congratulations! I'm excited for you guys. We lived really close to Millcreek Canyon in our first Utah condo and totally loved it - we were hiking every weekend when weather permitted - so we'll be interested to find out where you'll put down your roots. What will we ever do without you around here though? I don't even want to think about it... (because I'm really selfish and really tired of all my favorite people moving out of our ward). At least there are no hurricanes in Utah!

Shelah said...

Val-- I said Sandy, but I meant Murray. Whoops.

Cherise said...

Congratulations, I know it's been an even longer and harder road for you than for me.

Craig and I both grew up in Holladay - it would be fun if you found a home in our old stomping grounds!