Saturday, July 19, 2008

I think I'm succeeding at this dog-days thing

* Three of my four kids are currently naked.
* Two of them never got dressed today.
* The other one wore a pair of lime green shorts and a yellow and navy Elmo t-shirt.
* There's dried grass all over the family room floor (tracked in by aforementioned children after they were done running in the sprinkler).
* Maren is no longer afraid of the sprinkler.
* The kids had chicken nuggets for dinner tonight. Just chicken nuggets. Yesterday we had lunch at Wendy's and pizza for dinner.
* I've read three books this week. Annie has read about eight.
* My skin smells like the sun.
* Bedtime? What's bedtime?
* That huge basket of Schwan's ice cream novelties in my freezer? More than half gone.
* I've decided my hair doesn't really need to be highlighted before we leave for Utah. Even though it does.
* I'm pretty sure I've made up for all of the computer time I missed while we were up North. It feels good to be caught up!

10 comments:

smart mama said...

i have been living it up this summer- relaxing, playing,with reckless abandon- it feels so so so good!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and the kids are having a blast, and man that makes me want ice cream now!!

Courtney said...

sounds like some much needed relaxation after your last trip

Lucy said...

That all sounds good to me. We seem to constantly be on the go, though, that I'm not getting the books read and the kids need to be dressed:) It sounds so hot there!

Blue said...

i couldn't fit in any reading time this last trip...so i'm feeling book starved. home today, leaving tonight to head 1.5 hours north for a week of family time with cousins all congregating.

but i'd love to meet you while you're here. any chance?

ps: i'm still happy to help with graphics if you ever need it. once we're settled back down, let's talk. ♥

bluestocking mama said...

sounds great to me--naked kids means less laundry, right?

Blue said...

so, apparently i wasn't cryptic enough? ;-)

here i thought i was being all stealthy whilst giving a shout out to my sweetie.

i didn't think anyone would know. i thought wrong. ♥

QueenMeadow said...

Hey, you ended up 3rd place overall female, woohoo!!

Marie said...

I feel like you just gave me permission to forget my list of things to do, order pizza for dinner and sit down with a book. Thanks!

Gabriela said...

Sounds like a great summer!!!