Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Whitney Awards 2011

In just a few minutes, I'm headed off to the library to pick up a stack of books. A big stack of books. So many books that the library system said "enough" and I couldn't reserve any more. When I come home with those books, I'll be back on the computer, reserving another enormous stack.

Yes, you know what that means. It's reading season for the Whitney Awards. This year I'll be reading 34 books (I'd only read one of the finalists) and heading up Team Segullah (with Emily, Angela, Melonie, and Rosalyn) as we work together to vote in seven categories, plus "Best New Author" and "Novel of the Year." I'll be writing my own personal reviews of all of the books here, and we'll also be writing several review posts at Segullah.

Because, you know, I didn't have enough to do in February and March of this year. Actually, all of this reading will be a good thing because it will keep my mind occupied as I count down the minutes until we can go to China.

No comments: