Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Book #87: Before I go to Sleep

Before I Go to Sleep: A NovelTitle: Before I go to Sleep
Author: SJ Watson

The second of the books in the amnesia series really, really reminded me of Memento, especially as the story went on. Originally, I thought was reading about a woman whose short-term memory reset every night, but who would eventually overcome her memory loss and live happily ever after with her husband. I don't want to give away too much of what happens in the book, but I can safely say that that is NOT what happens at all. 

 Of all the "beach read" books I downloaded for the trip, this one was the most engaging and most riveting. I was really interested Christine, who woke up every morning not knowing who she was, and how she managed to live a life like that for twenty years. I was also fascinated by Ben-- why would he stay with her, how could he care for her adequately, why didn't he rely on a larger support group? I'd definitely recommend the book-- it's not Tolstoy, but it will keep you reading, and the end is pretty darn great.

No comments: