Thursday, March 19, 2009

I know you hate to be kept in suspense...

After losing two dream houses to suitors (including the Harrison Ford house) with quicker reflexes, Eddie and I got serious. We put in an offer on a house we both love. It still hasn't had an inspection or an appraisal, and until that's done, I'll try to keep myself from gushing too much, and you'll have to content yourselves with a single picture. But I'll just say that it's amazing. It's got everything I wanted (great location, lots of character, interesting neighborhood, close to schools and friends) and everything Eddie wanted (close to work and no major work required). We get to see it in person on Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed that it appraises well. We can't wait to make it ours!

We're leaving for a whirlwind week in Utah tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have lots of news when I get back!

9 comments:

Blue said...

Like I mentioned on FB, i've been over 3x now, and i love it more every time. And i got a color flier of the inside (orig. i grabbed a b&w one...) and it's so pretty! i♥it! can't wait. please o please let it all work out!

Sarah said...

That is an adorable house. I hope it's the one! Where is it located? It looks like some near Scott's parent's area.

Have a fun and successful weekend!

Queen of the Castle said...

Ooooh a house! I hope it works out!

Lucy said...

it looks pretty cute. Farmy. Is it? No doubt you will enjoy being closer to the hospitals. We lived way too far away when we lived there last year for Jay's fellowship. I probably wished once a day that we lived closer to the hospitals, and where there was more charm. And trees:)

congratulations...early.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

VERY cute! Hope it all works out perfectly!

Shelah said...

Sarah-- It's in East Millcreek. Around 29th East and 33rd South.

Lucy-- It looks a little farmy from the outside, but wait until you see the inside.

Alissa said...

it's beautiful!!

my husband wants to know if it's a Beyonce house? (you know, big in the back?)

Unknown said...

Character on the outside- new on the inside...it sounds and looks wonderful! Hope you are having fun!

Shelah said...

Alissa,

It's most definitely. A Beyonce house. Good call, Matt.