Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Playing Catch-up: Maren's birthday

Before my in-law's arrive and I get even more hopelessly behind as the blog-as-journal thing, I need to post some pictures of Maren's birthday.

We returned from a (very cold and rainy) lovely trip to South Padre Island on the afternoon of Maren's second birthday. She was finally starting to understand the whole Santa thing, and when she saw the pile of presents waiting for her at the fireplace she kept saying "Santa came for Maren!"

Baby Stella was a huge hit, as was the wooden birthday cake, which Isaac and Annie immediately appropriated. We tossed most of the Dora cake, and I'll admit that it felt kind of weird to light the Dora candle-- how should we feel about burning our favorite children's syndicated characters in effigy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for birthdays. She is adorable and I can't believe she is 2 already! Cheryl had a Dora party when she was 2.

Anonymous said...

What a treat to see wonderful pix from Christmas and Maren's birthday. Makes me anticipate Feb. 5 even more! I loved seeing the girls in their jumpers, too and the boys in their shirts! Love you all.
Annie

Courtney said...

looks like a fun party! she made out much better than chase - poor 5th child. we counted dinner with the 7 missionaries in our ward as a party and had your famous birthday cake in celebration.