Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaBloPoMo, Can I Take a Break? and Mormon Histories

It's National Blog Posting Month, which means that bloggers everywhere will test themselves against writer's block and try to post every.single.day for the month of November. Always up for a challenge, I decided to throw my hat in the ring. We'll see how long I can persist. I'm already a day behind, which doesn't bode well, I guess...

Yesterday I didn't run. And I had no good reason for not heading out the door. It's November, which means that it's almost always beautiful in South Texas, and yesterday was no exception. I just didn't feel like going when the alarm went off. I can't tell you how long it's been when I just didn't run on a Saturday morning, with no good excuse (no tapering, injuries, trips, etc...) I expected it to feel liberating, but I was crabby all day. I guess I really am that crazy. I even considered using my extra hour of sleep this morning to go out and get started on the 18-miler that was on my running schedule, but I figured that I couldn't run 18 miles on a fast Sunday and still remain standing through my Primary and Nursery subbing gigs.

I'm feeling sort of rootless right now. I haven't decided if I want to run the Kingwood Marathon, which I ran last New Year's Day as my virgin marathon voyage. You may remember that it was a horrible race for me, and I'm feeling some reluctance to get on the bandwagon and sign up again. I also want to make sure I don't burn out before the Boston-Wasatch Back-St.George/Top of Utah sweep that will start next April and end in October. But not having anything to train for makes me crabby too. I have about a week to decide before the window of opportunity will slam shut and I won't have time to train properly. What should I do? And more importantly, can I get through the holidays and still fit into my jeans if I'm not running 20 miles every Saturday morning?

Finally, I just posted a two-part series on my Mormon History over at fMh. Check it out here and here.

3 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I'm glad you're doing NaBloPoMo...I could use some good reading material whilst I'm nursing.

:o)

lyn said...

Every day, huh? Hm.

You're itching to sign up, aren't you?! Fine line between burn out and pushing harder, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Yeah I didn't drag my butt out of bed to run on Saturday and it made me crabby too. Does that mean I'm addicted?
Who knew it was national blog month. Now to think of something interesting for each day.