Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Did someone say they wanted to see pictures?

Rebecca returned from St. George and got pictures up! I also paid $20 (gasp!) for a cute one of me at the finish line, and I'll post that once it arrives in the mail.

You can kind of see me in this one. I'm the one in the skirt, behind the guy in the black tank top.


This is just before the finish line. I think that guy smoked me:


In the massage tent, where I didn't mind lying in anyone else's sweat because it was warm:


With Rebecca, who was the best cheerleader a girl could ask for!


With Cara (who was on the Wasatch Back team) and Sheree and Rebecca:


With Sheree, who I hope doesn't hate me for posting a picture of her with bread in her mouth. She looks adorable anyway, right?


Yesterday I finally got around to opening the bag with my wet running clothes and shoes. Holy stinkiness! The clothes smelled better after a couple of spins around the washing machine, but the shoes may be forever stinky. And they were such cute little pink Asics too...

7 comments:

Blue said...

we certainly need a good shot of the cute running skirt. and the finish line one when you get it.

again, way to go! the weather looks pretty bad!

Anonymous said...

love the pics!! Someday I hope to run that with you guys if you are still doing it by the time I get up to marathon distance.

Heather Anna said...

I have had a couple of my long training runs in the rain and it sure is not the best. I pray for no rain this weekend. You really are amazing! I doubt I'll ever be in your time bracket, but I will get to be in the marathon mommy club in just three days. I love the running skirt. Maybe if I decide to do this again, which I most likely will, then I will find a cute running skirt too. Congratulations!

Swimmingmom said...

How great to have friends waiting at the finish line and to have a buddy running too. Way to go!

islandgirl said...

Oh good grief! I just posted on your other post about the book club books, then I see a picture of Sheree right here, lol! She's in my ward! And one who didn't make it to book club this month even though I was hoping she would after her comment about where to show up at RS, lol! Let me know if your book club is open for others to join, I love your selections!

Shelah said...

Island Girl--

Sheree is awesome, isn't she? I flew out from Texas to run the race with her! If you want to come down here and warm up, you're always welcome at our book club!

islandgirl said...

LOL! Okay, that won't work! I was thinking it would be too good to be true to have you right here in Lehi!