Thursday, September 4, 2008

90 seconds...

My "regular" pace on the treadmill: 7:14min/mi
My "regular" pace running outside: 7:30min/mi
My pace when pushing 90lbs of kids and jogging stroller: 9:00min/mi (and lots of huffing and puffing)

I took Isaac and Maren out for a run this morning. I had 55 minutes, and figured that I could get in at least 7 miles, maybe 8 if I really pushed it. Uh-uh. Six miles. Yeah, I had to stop a few times to pick up things they dropped and take a drink, but mostly I was just a lot slower. It's been a long time since I've run regularly with the jogger and it totally shows! Now I know what I need to work on...

6 comments:

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

still completely would beat me. by a long shot.

lyn said...

Oh, that makes me feel so much better. I ran on Monday with Kate in the stroller and thought I was doing so well until I did the math. Uh huh... whatever...

Company EIGHT said...

That makes me feel better too. :) Okay, not that I am THAT much faster without them, but still...

Arlyn said...

I went up and down the stairs a lot with a baby on my hip. I only wish it was close to what you accomplished!

Blue said...

with two kids, a luggy stroller and a summer off you still beat the pants off me. and now with the left metatarsal #4 stress fracture, i'm not sure what i'm going to do. i need a friend with an eliptical or stair master. Pronto!

Megan said...

I think I'd average 15 min miles with a jogging stroller. You still rock.