Saturday, August 16, 2008

Now that we've decided to move....

Annie and Maren and I went for a Girls' Night Out last night and decided to check out the new mall in town, which opened a few weeks ago while we were on vacation. I've been complaining for three years that we've been living in a retail wasteland, and last night, not five miles from my house, I discovered the existence of Gymboree, Children's Place, Macy's and Coldwater Creek (my mom will be so happy!). There's also a Red Robin, a Potbelly Sandwich place (which Eddie loves) a Pei Wei, and Paciugo, the store that turned me on to gelato several years ago (I've been suffering through life with a pale imitation of the good stuff ever since).

The ironic thing? I'm pretty sure the mall opened on the very day we gave Eddie's future practice our verbal consent to join. Oh well, there's decent shopping where we're moving too....

Tired of waiting? Us too. But my lips are sealed until the contract is signed, which should happen later this week.

7 comments:

Valarie said...

decent shopping? I'm guessing SD is out.

Company EIGHT said...

isn't that always the way it works???!! Hopefully your new place of residence will have fabulous shopping and restaurants!!

lyn said...

Potbelly's is over there?! I missed that. I'm so excited! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Potbelly's. I've been known to drive into town just to get one. Oh yum. We NEED to do lunch :)

lyn said...

Oh yeah - I think a Jamba Juice is coming (over by HEB). Life will be complete.

Shelah said...

Lunch sounds great. And Jamba? Almost thou persuadeth me to stay a Texan...

msbookite said...

wahhh!! i miss potbelly! i thought it was a Michigan thing?!?! guess there may be hope that i will find one again...and jamba, well THAT comment just made me drool...

(off to search for a potbelly in my area-one w/o overalls covering it *snicker*)

Blue said...

I ♥ Potbelly's. There's one in the IAD (Washington DC) airport. They make the most delish chocolate banana smoothie. Almost good enough to specifically bid for trips that land there. To say nothing of the sandwiches.

We have JJ here though...so when you come (making presumptive statements here in order to sway the odds) we'll have to get one. Or make one in my VitaMix. Yummy!