Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Book #29: Everything Bad is Good for You


Title: Everything Bad is Good for You: How Today's Popular Culture is Actually Making Us Smarter
Author: Steven Johnson

So watching television and playing video games make people smarter? People are smarter now than they were a generation ago because of interactions with technology? According to Steven Johnson, it's the truth.

This book is possibly the best argument for my addiction to The Sopranos that I've ever read. It also helped convince me that a little video gaming by my kids probably isn't the worst thing ever. Since we're discussing it with my book group in a couple of weeks, I don't want to get into everything that I liked and didn't like about the book, but overall, it was an eye-opening read and helped me look at issues from a different perspective?

No comments: