Thursday, December 6, 2007

Running buddies...

This fall, I've had two of the best running buddies ever. They don't talk too much, don't whine too much, and occasionally get so relaxed that they fall asleep. The bigger one likes to take along "guns" to protect us from dogs. This morning our gun was a hair curler. The smaller one just goes along for the ride. Here they are, with Isaac showing off his crazy hat head:

Can you understand my reluctance to leave the baby phase behind when you see how Eddie and I create sweet faces like this?

3 comments:

sheri said...

Awww, cute! I love those strollers. Almost so much so that it makes me want to start running.

ECS said...

Hi, Shelah - Have you seen the article in the NY Times about training your mind to run faster? It's interesting.

Good luck on your marathon!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/06/health/nutrition/06Best.html?em&ex=1197176400&en=ca0897ba66f87fcf&ei=5087%0A

Shelah said...

That is such an interesting article! I have noticed that I have little mantras that get me through. When I did my 20 miler a few weeks ago, I was using a couple of those strategies withouth realizing it. I have a few friends who I know will be really interested in this!