Saturday, December 1, 2007

Getting my head in the game

Those of you without older kids might not recognize the High School Musical reference in my title, but we've been listening to HSM and HSM2 for months around here, so I have the dorky songs in my head more often than not. Anyway, I think I've got my head back in the running game. Isaac's illness threw my training for a loop, but I'm back on track. I did 15 miles two Saturdays ago, 20 last Saturday, and twelve today. I have another 20 planned for next Saturday and 15 for the next Saturday, and then I'll be just two weeks away from the race. How did it get here so quickly? The funny thing is that twelve miles now feels like a short run. I can hardly believe that one month today I'll be slapping that 26.2 sticker on the back of my van and driving it with pride.

5 comments:

TJ said...

that is just amazing. i can't even run a mile without feeling like i'm going to die. but i can ride my bike for almost as long as you can run!!

Gabriela said...

Wow. I was thinking you would pull out due to your kids' illnesses. That's great you can still do it. What marathon are you doing?

Shelah said...

I'm doing a little marathon (only 300 runners) in Kingwood, TX. I seriously considered pulling out, but decided that doing it was the only thing that would keep me sane.

BAK said...

Hey Shelah. I was wondering if you were still going to attempt the marathon; I am so glad you are! You will be awesome is my bet. Good luck with the last bit of your training! It's almost taper-time, eh?

Shelah said...

Yep, I still have one 20-miler this Saturday, then I'll be tapering. Whoopee!!!