Sunday, September 16, 2007

Eight (Seventeen, actually) Random Things...

Eddie is guest-authoring the first part of this post, so you can see just how well he knows me and how much he loves me...
1) Shelah keeps her toenails clipped VERY short and is missing the middle toenail on her left foot.
2) Her favorite jokes are those dealing with bodily functions.
3) She has a thing for NBA small forwards.
4) She HATES to lose totally inconsequential competitions like board games.
5) Favorite TV show: Feasting on Asphalt with Alton Brown (Food Network)
6) She cooks and does the dishes really fast (about 1/3 of the time it takes me).
7) In her frenzies of cleaning the house, she has a tendency to throw away valuable and irreplaceable documents.
8) She falls asleep with the light on EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.
bonus:
9) She loves babies so much, she would probably have 12 kids if I would let her. (Shelah says, "they knew that already.")

Since I don't want to tag anyone new, here are eight random things about Eddie (payback time)
1) He has great recall for books that he read in middle school (like The Good Earth) but can't remember things that actually happened to him in real life six months ago.
2) He knows the names of pro sports referees. One night last week, I was watching an NFL game with him and commented on the impressive arm muscles of one of the refs. Eddie said, "you mean Ed Hochuli?" Um, yeah, the one in that striped shirt over there.
3) He prefers baked goods that started their lives in factories to those produced with love in our own kitchen. Grossness. He won't eat at all things produced in other people's non-commercial kitchens. And you wonder why my kids are picky eaters.
4) He kicks butt at playing Guitar Hero. He's even been taken into Guitar Hero heaven. Pretty amazing, considering that he doesn't play all that much. I bet his mom is so proud that all those years of threatening him with a wooden spoon while he tried to get out of practicing the piano have paid off.
5) He talks to each of his brothers and his father at least three times during each BYU football game. We were at a concert last night and his brother called TWICE to update us on what was happening with the game.
6) He drinks ridiculous amounts of soda. I buy two or three twelve-packs a week. Sometimes I feel like I do nothing but walk around and pick up the empties.
7) He has a prodigious mind for pop culture trivia. And I think he's going to secretly be sadder than I am when our subscription to Star magazine runs out next month.
8) After ten years of living outside of Utah, he has lost his Utah accent. Not that he ever thought he had a Utah accent in the first place (but he did).

5 comments:

Lucy said...

I love this! The things usually only known by spouses, siblings and lifelong friends out in the open! You are both interesting and clearly well-matched...quirks and all.

I love the leaving the light comment on. Because...you've already disclosed how much you know it bugs him. But, it's obviously part of your charm to make it to the list of eight:)

Really, thanks for doing this. Very, very fun.

Anonymous said...

how funny! i got onto your blog to print out those entries you sent me a while ago and just read this. half of them totally fit joe (the soda, the refs, the baked goods, the talking to men in the fam during the games, etc)
catherine

Gabriela said...

NBA small forwards, eh?

Is the toenail missing due to running?

I've had my fair share of digging through the trash to recover important things.

Lauging about the refs. :) And the baked goods-I've never heard of not liking homemade treats better than store bought treats. Strange.

Melissa said...

boy, you and I are twins! LOL! I have been known to throw away some very impotant things due to my fast cleaning! yikes!!

Vanessa said...

LOL. That was pretty funny.