Saturday, August 4, 2007

Book #2: Juanita Brooks: Mormon Woman Historian

Title: Juanita Brooks: Mormon Woman Historian
Author: Levi S. Peterson

When we were visiting my in-laws over Christmas break, my mother-in-law handed me a three-foot pile of hardcover books she had been saving to lend to me. When it came time for us to leave, most of them wouldn't fit in my suitcase. This one, fortunately, made the cut.
Since I've been singing Juanita's praises in at least two of my previous blog posts (here and here), so it's pretty obvious that I loved this book. I loved it so much that I ordered her Mountain Meadows Massacre book and Levi Peterson's The Backslider to read too. For a fiction-lover like me, that's saying a lot. The book is easy to read, interesting, and pretty darn inspiring for any SAHM who wants to know what she's going to do with the rest of her life.

--originally published 1/24/06

No comments: