Thursday, May 12, 2016

An announcement

Hi readers,

You may have noticed that I haven't posted here in a while. For the last few years, I've been feeling a little bit like the pressure to write up a big review for every book I read was sapping some of the pleasure out of reading. But then again, I also feel that writing about what I read helps me remember the books, and I've heard from some of you that you like getting recommendations for what to read. So I'm trying something new. I've started a new account on Instagram. Follow @shelahbooksit for bite-size book reviews. I'll give you my honest feedback on every book I read, in just a sentence or two. This might feel less overwhelming for me, and since it's on Instagram, a format many people use anyway, it may be easier for you, too. If you'd like me to post the reviews to Facebook as well (which I can to do with the click of a button) then let me know and I will set that up as well.

I may decide that I like the longer format of the blog better, and I may decide to use this blog to get back to writing (like I did back in the days when blogging was young and so was I) but for now, follow me on Instagram.

Thanks!

8 comments:

Alanna said...

Do you mean I'm going to have to finally do instagram??? I might add you on facebook-- I swear, I'm no one creepy! I only heard about you through my friend Emily Kartchner but I have just loved your book reviews and don't want to give them up! Any chance you're on goodreads???

Shelah said...

I'm happy to push the reviews to Facebook, Alanna. I've given books ratings on goodreads, but I don't usually do a full review there.

SW said...

Thanks for still putting your opinion out there! I found your site years ago when I was madly looking for adoption blogs, and I ended up always coming to your blog when I'm looking for something to read. I enjoy reading your reviews. Lots of people write book reviews - I find yours particularly good. Plus, thanks to your blog, I've read books I would not have otherwise heard about or tried reading but for your analysis or recommendation. I also appreciate the content alerts. I'll definitely follow you on Instagram!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're still reviewing books. I found Rainbow Rowell through your blog and she has become one of my favorite authors. I'm now following you on Instagram. I am enjoying the mini-reviews so far. Thanks for all you do!

Susan said...

Thanks for your wonderful reviews and insights over the years. I've loved reading them, and finding some great books.

On the supplements said...

Wow

James Miller said...


Amazing blog....i like it...
Book online bus ticket from Redbus

Anonymous said...

免费视讯 , 免费视讯 , 免费视讯 , 免费视讯 , 免费视讯 , 免费视讯 , 免费视讯 , 免费视讯 , 免费视讯 , 免费视讯