Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Book Review: Incognito by David Eagleman

Title: Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain
Author: David Eagleman
Enjoyment Rating: ***
Source: Audible for iTunes
Books I've read this year 107

I've read a lot of books about neuroscience over the last five years. For some reason, they always find a way into my shopping cart at Audible when books go into the $4.95 discount bin. And I feel like I could write one now-- marsmallow test, check. Synesthesia? Check. Phineas Gage? Check.Runaway train experiment? Check. Parkinson's patients with gambling addictions? Check. While Incognito was an enjoyable listen and I think it might be a good place for someone to start reading who hasn't read a lot of the popular neuroscience in the last half decade, it ultimately felt like a rehashing of lots of things I already knew.

No comments: