Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thirteen more hours...

And we'll be on a plane, headed for Hong Kong. To be followed by another plane, bound for LA. And then a third plane, which will take us home. Home sounds just about perfect right now. We've loved our time in China, and I haven't been homesick, but I do miss my kids and Eddie, and I'm eager to put the lines and the restaurants behind us and start real life with our new girl. Both of the girls have made great strides. Annie ate Cantonese food for dinner (and liked it!) and she suggested two outings today, one where we had to take to the streets and walk through a metro station at night. She did great, and found the karaoke-singing beggars entertaining rather than scary. Rose, who started out sick and scared 9 days ago, is now silly and laughing and never wants to be out of my arms (this will be short, since I'm typing one handed on the iPad with her sleeping on me). I'm proud of both of them.

Tomorrow will literally be the longest day of our lives (38 hours long!). We'll leave Guangzhou at 10am and land in Salt Lake at 3:50. Wish us luck. Rose was great on our last flight, but it was only 10% as long as tomorrow's flight will be. But at the end, we'll be home. Ready to start life as a family of seven. The adventure is just beginning.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Blue said...

Bring it! ♥

Unknown said...

If it is hard, that is normal...one of my girls tantrummed and kicked my shins all the way across the atlantic. But I bet Rose will do great..you can give her what she most wants the whole time =holding.

Nicole said...

I got my cup of coffee and got caught up in your travels this morning!
I truly had a lump in my throat as I read about the kids at the orphange.
Have a safe and blessed trip back home! And thank you again for all the great pictures of our little guy :)
Nicole