Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Family Room

We spent most of our time in the family room, so I knew it had to be comfortable and functional. It also had to have a lot of room for lounging, and our favorite pastime, watching television. I found a Room and Board sectional I LOVED, but since that one was more than $5,000, we settled for one from Macy's at less than half the price. It works for now, but a few months ago I went to Room and Board and actually sat on the couch I really wanted, and I had a little moment of silence for what could have been. The chair is also from Macy's, and so is the ottoman (which usually functions as a coffee table but is all skewed and crazy in the picture). The bookshelves are from IKEA and if you look closely, you'll notice that they're backed with the same fabric that's on the benches beneath the windows on the south side of the house. This room is always in a state of chaos, so it's nice to see it looking (mostly) nice for a change. Leslie painted the yellow and orange branch paintings near the back door.







Next time: I'll take you upstairs!

No comments: