Monday, May 2, 2011

Book #57: China (Eyewitness Travel Guides)

China (Eyewitness Travel Guides)Title: China (Eyewitness Travel Guides)

I know, it will be months before we travel to China, but I feel like I know so little about China, I wanted a good jumping off point to see where the gaps in my knowledge are (answer: everywhere) so I can do more reading and research. I think the Eyewitness Travel Guides, in addition to being beautiful, do a nice job providing both historical and cultural background on a place. I haven't read the entire book, but I have read the whole front and back (where they talk about these things) and now I know that there's a lot about Chinese history that I need to learn, but I need to find a place where it's presented in a way that's not going to put me to sleep. When I read about what I'll eat and how many shots I'll need to travel there, I started to wonder if I'm getting in over my head. I don't think I am, but I also think it's a good idea to start the research early. So we might not travel for almost a year, but reading the book now is giving me time to adjust to eating things like eating fish with the heads on and chicken feet.

No comments: