Friday, August 28, 2009

The Elephant(s) in the Room

I'll update about Isaac and the first day of school and the seven books I've read and all that good stuff soon, but I had to write about the important stuff first: the boys' room. My mom came out for ten days to help with the kids during and after Isaac's surgery. We ordered bedding the day before the surgery, and the day after he got home she started painting.
































Next time she visits we're going to add an acacia tree with a leopard and a monkey on the sloping ceilings, but this kept us busy for a few days, at least. I also plan to swap out the dresser for two of these:















I'm also considering getting a LACK shelf to function as a nightstand between the beds. I had planned to buy a couple of daybeds for the room, but now that the room is painted, I actually sort of like the cheap pine beds we have in there. If you were me, would you spring for these (@$500 apiece), or keep the beds we have?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the beds, too. they look like safari cots, at least in pictures.

bluestocking mama said...

very cute! i like both beds, so i'd save the $$ and keep the pine ones

Megan said...

Oooh. I love the elephants! They look great! And I agree- leave the beds as is. They just seem to fit with the room.

smart mama said...

nice work S&T~

Shelah said...

So the beds are staying. I had two end tables in my living room that I was planning to replace once we do the big living room furniture overhaul of 2010 (it better not end up being 2011), that were the perfect color and size for nightstands, so I substituted some cobwebby and falling apart ottomans in the living room and brought the tables up to the bedroom.

Since we're saving so much by not buying the beds, I'm now considering either one of these dressers:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/mp20/index.cfm?pkey=cdressers-nightstands|k

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/sw595/index.cfm?pkey=cdressers-nightstands|k (in the oak color)

Opinions?

Terry Mastny said...

I like the new beds. The old ones have seen better days --- I've seen them up close, but you could definitely wait for a while. The drawers on the new beds would hide all their stuff and give them a similar set up to the girl's room. The boys just don't holler as loud as the girls so they are more likely to make do with what they've got!