Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My new favorite running tune...



I'm dreaming of a flat sidewalk
Just like the ones I used to know.
Where the treetops glistened and children listened,
But there was never any snow.

I'm dreaming of a flat sidewalk
With every blog post that I write.
May your legs run quickly and light,
And may your hamstrings never feel too tight.

Every morning when I wake up I have three thoughts:

1) We really need some shades (it's bright at 6am!)
2) I love living here
3) I miss my treadmill

I love running up the hills and in the canyons, but what I wouldn't give for an easy flat run one of these days. I am officially a hill wussy. I stopped four times today to catch my breath while out on a run. I guess I'm not as tough as I thought. It's a challenge, right? An opportunity to grow? By next year, I hope to be whipping up the side of the mountains. Or at least not staggering.


5 comments:

Sarah said...

chalk it up to altitude adjustment...you'll be running stop free soon I'm sure.

Glad you're happy to be there.

Shelly said...

Give you marrow a little time to kick out some more red blood cells....It will get easier....

CoopersinTexas said...

We are cheering for you from "flat sidewalk capitol" in Texas! You can do it!

Laura said...

I found your blog awhile back when you posted about running Boston. I decided to add you to my blog roll though. I hope you don't mind. You're a great writer. Your obituary for your treadmill made me smile.

Lei said...

You'll be a beast at WB next year!