Tuesday, May 19, 2009

That's what they pay me the big bucks for....

I've been a little bit nervous about saying anything about it on the blog, but it looks like (fingers crossed!!!) we found a buyer for our house here in Texas. We actually got the offer the day I flew home from Boston, but in the hubbub returning from the marathon, I didn't say much about it. But yeah, it's a huge relief to have the house on its way to being sold to someone who doesn't mind walking up a flight of stairs to go to bed.

We've entered the final countdown. Two weeks from today, the movers are coming to start packing things up. Two days later, we're getting on a plane headed two Utah, where we're signing our life away to a big mortgage and a big car (both good things, but a little scary). Two weeks after that, Eddie will sign the papers on this house, graduate from his interventional cardiology fellowship, hop in the van and drive for two days. At the same time I will hop in a van and run in the Wasatch Back relay for two days. At the end, if everything goes according to plan, we'll have only one house, in Utah, and a week or so to relax before the new job starts.

Until then, I think I'm going to be very busy. I spent hours yesterday emailing and calling magazine companies to have our subscriptions transferred to the new house. Today I spent all morning calling utility companies in Texas to have our services stopped. This afternoon's project? Sorting out mortgage stuff with the title company. This is the second house we've sold, and I don't remember that there were quite as many details I had to keep track of last time around. Sometimes moving feels like a full time job, but it's a happy job, because pretty soon we'll be on our way to our new house (another exciting full time job) and new adventures. In the meantime, if you call our house and get a busy signal, rest assured that I'm sitting on hold with the phone company or something equally uninteresting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting times! And the end of the school year too! I'm so happy for you, Eddie and the kids. Can't wait to visit the new zip code!
Love, Annie

Courtney said...

I'm so excited for you ...except for the calling hte utilities part. I spent the better part of a day trying to get a hold of our gas/electric company for this move.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

SO exciting! Hope it all goes smoothly.

Sarah said...

Hope everything goes well with the move and the race and settling in...aren't you glad you've had 4 years to gear up for the move?!