Friday, May 15, 2009

Book #23: Apartment Therapy Presents: Real Homes, Real People, Hundreds of Design Solutions

Title: Apartment Therapy Presents: Real Homes, Real People, Hundreds of Design Solutions
Authors: Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan, Jill Slater and Janel Laban

Smartmama recommended that I read this book and I loved it! There are so many good ideas for decorating, especially decorating small spaces with small budgets. In fact, since I'm not someone who lives with a family of three in 380 square feet and is trying to make a single room serve eight purposes, my only criticism of the book is that it doesn't apply as well to people living in, well, actual houses. I guess that's what you get when you buy a book called Apartment Therapy, though. Regardless of the appropriateness of the spaces features in the book, I loved that each space featured the exact colors of paint and the places to purchase many of the furnishings in the spaces (at least half of which came from Ikea-- in fact, I think only one or two spaces in the entire book were Ikea-free zones). I'd recommend it to anyone who needs to decorate a space, even if that space isn't small. Lots of great ideas and stylish spaces!

No comments: