Friday, April 17, 2009

Tell me I'm ready for this...

I'm mostly packed. One tiny suitcase-- because, after all, I'm making the trip all by myself. Which means that I might actually get to read the three books in my suitcase. If my nerves calm down enough to let me focus.

I've already done the marathon thing four times before. Yeah, the first time was pretty bad, but the last three have been great. So why am I so nervous about Boston? Is it just because it's the Boston Marathon, built up in my mind as the Mt. Everest of marathons?

Wish me luck. I'll be back with a full report on Tuesday. Look to my twitter feed on Monday for updates!

13 comments:

Cherise said...

Good Luck! Wishing you no rain or snow - and a nice cool breeze at your back!

Doreen said...

Good luck! You'll do great! Too bad I don't live there anymore, I'd totally come cheer you on. :o)

Blue said...

what's your twittername? i'll add ya! so happy for you to get to do this grand adventure! have fun fun fun while you run run run. ♥

Shelah said...

shelahbooksit. Thanks ladies! I think I'm excited.

lyn said...

Good luck - you have the benefit of no pressure... really! Since you're not running for a PR go out and enjoy yourself. You'll do great.

Shelly said...

You're Awesome Shelah--You'll do great!!!

Emily M. said...

Go Shelah! You are amazing. Have a wonderful time!

Queen of the Castle said...

Excitement, trepidation, what more could you ask for? It will be an amazing experience. Have a great time in Boston.
Good Luck!

ellen said...

I'll be at Mile 19 cheering for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Shelah, I'm so proud of you and wish we could cheer you on in person. You will do great -- can't wait to hear about it!
Love, Annie

Carrie Snider said...

You'll do great! I can't wait to read your report!

Chelle said...

Shelah, I can't wait to read the full report! I hope it's an amazing experience for you!

Courtney said...

I can't wait for the update. Your just about 25 minutes from starting!! I'll be thinking of you all morning.