Wednesday, November 12, 2008

dumpapallooza 2008

I cleaned the whole house yesterday. Top to bottom, scrub, scrub, scrub. At 5pm, I left the house to drop Annie off at ballet, and ran to Kroger for a few necessities (diet Coke, vanilla, ice cream sandwiches since I didn't have time to bake for the cub scouts). When I got home half an hour later, Hurricane Maren had hit, leaving a path of destruction an entire playroom, bathroom and three bedrooms wide. Right now she's climbing on the desk beside me, throwing paper all over the floor. Yeah, the floor I just cleaned. And she wrought all of her havoc while watching Dora, which was my last safe haven.

1. a clean house (while it lasted)
2. Maren (despite her messes)
3. two kids who leave all day and don't contribute to the mess

5 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

My house is only clean from 10:30 pm to about 8 am, thanks to freaking Campbell. That kid is going to be the death of me.

Gabriela said...

Yep, I've got a little hurricane here too-he specializes in marker artwork on a variety of surfaces (just never paper). Not good.

Anonymous said...

oh no!! And that is why I only scrub scrub scrub on Mondays b/c why bother the rest of the week?

Katheryn said...

Sounds about typical! My house in only ever clean for about minutes at a time :)

sheri said...

Too funny! We refer to Kelly as Hurricane Kelly around here as well. Holy crap, their wrath is insane, isn't it?