Saturday, November 22, 2008

drawing a blank

This NaBloPoMo thing isn't as easy as it looks. Here I sit, wondering what to write about. Topics I've discarded:

1) Why I'm putting off finishing the great book I'm reading (the main character is going to die, and I want to keep him alive as long as possible). I've already blogged about this book, and people might be bored.
2) The six book reviews I have piled up. Too much work.
3) Trying to decide whether or not to run the marathon on January 1st. Haven't I already blogged about that? If so, no one wants to know that the inner struggle continues?
4) Why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I think I covered that one a few years ago-- maybe I should revisit it at fMh or Segullah?
5) The BYU-Utah game. Is anyone interested in the degree of passionate devotion to BYU football that goes on in our house?
6) An update on the ups and downs of home ownership after a major hurricane (we've got the roofers and the power washers and the house painters and the ceiling fixers lined up-- still need to find someone to fix our fence and decide what to do about the carpet). Too technical and boring.
7) What it was like to go without a phone for a week (It's rung about 10 times today-- I wonder how many important calls we missed last week?). Now that it's fixed it no longer seems relevant.
8) Suggestions for daddy-kid date ideas and things to do in the Texas Hill Country. Seems too much like I'm pandering for comments.
9) Link to Lyn's post at fMh. If I do that, then I darn well better get over there and comment like I've been intending to.
10) Meditating on finally being ok with the end of my childbearing time. If I post about that, then it means it's true, and I'm not sure I'm ready to go there yet.

Got any more good ones for me?
1. Visiting friends
2. Somehow managing to be in three places at once this morning
3. Eddie going to work late so I could take a little snooze (and missing the kickoff in the process!)

6 comments:

lyn said...

You're full of material! And yeah... why haven't you commented yet? :)

I'm glad your phone is fixed. You're training for the marathon, so you may as well sign up for it and kick that demon of winter '07/'08 far, far away. I'd be interested in #10's post (was it #10?)

Doreen said...

I didn't realize you sustained so much damage from Ike. A lot of people in our ward did, and it's been a real pain dealing with the insurance companies, and trying not to get screwed over by roofing companies, etc. etc. etc.

Melissa said...

You need to give us a list of good books! My husband always likes the books I get him from your reccomendation...and I need some ideas for Christmas!!

Blue said...

My three:

1) The kindness of strangers, who aren't actually strangers, but so kind nonetheless.

2) Paciugo sample generosity.

3) Flights that aren't sold out.

Sunday Bonus: A girl called Shelah ♥

Blue said...

You might like this site

Anonymous said...

I went through #10 this summer. It's one of the reasons I started running. Gave me time to mourn it and move on. And you lasted for the whole month I made it like 2wks of blogging LOL