Sunday, November 16, 2008

direct from the horse's mouth...

"Nobody watches more football than me." Said by my husband, at 9:31pm on Sunday, November 16th. There, I have it in writing, just in case I need it.

That said, despite my excellent "tuning out skills" that was one good BYU game yesterday. But I won't be sad next week when BYU's regular season ends.

I used to be sad when I was a kid and my birthday fell on a Sunday, because it was always Super Bowl Sunday. I hated sharing any part of my day with a football game. But in retrospect, my dad's and my brother's interest in football was pretty mild compared with Eddie's. I guess the good news about having the NFL push back the Super Bowl a week or two from when it was held in the 80s and 90s is that I won't get ignored on my Sunday birthdays, but I think sometimes I'd also welcome the Super Bowl on my birthday as a symbolic gift of no more football for seven months.

4 comments:

lyn said...

Football is on all day long Sat and Sun in our house.... Thomas turned on the TV a couple weeks ago (to football) and said to Virgil: "oh look - it is your favorite show" I highly doubt Virgil's addiction comes anywhere near Eddie's, though.

Queen of the Castle said...

When I was a kid, I didn't realize that church was held on superbowl Sunday. It was a big deal at my house.

Courtney said...

I'm not sure anyone can top Eddie but I too celebrate the end of football season!

smart mama said...

eddie is funny