Wednesday, November 26, 2008

another thing to check off the list....

Tomorrow morning, I'm running my first 10K (and my first turkey trot). I've done a whole bunch of 5Ks, a handful of half-marathons and three marathons, but strangely never a 10K. I don't have the faintest idea how to even strategize for a 10K, although I doubt an 11-mile run the night before, followed by a big Mexican dinner and ice cream is what anyone would recommend. When I was a high school swimmer, I loved the short distances like the 100 (4 laps) and the 500 (20 laps) but hated the middle distance 200 (8 laps). It was too long to be a sprint and too short to dig in and endure, and I'm a little bit afraid that a 10K is the distance-runner's equivalent to the 200 yard freestyle. I guess I'll find out tomorrrow.
1. free babysitting
2. getting through the morning with six kids with a little help from my sister wives
3. lots of prep work today means less time in the kitchen tomorrow

No comments: