Saturday, September 27, 2008

The kids and I went to the zoo today...

...with just one stroller. For Maren. Isaac didn't sit in it at all, but Annie did.

It's been 11 months and a couple of days since Isaac got sick, and I thought the day might never come when he'd be strong enough to walk around the zoo for three hours. But today he proved me wrong. Of course, he was so tired that I had to carry him all the way from the Children's Zoo to the car, but he bickered with Bryce over the zoo map all the way home in the car, so I don't think he did any permanent damage.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful. We should meet up there sometime. My kids would love it, I'm just too lazy to go by myself LOL

Shelah said...

that would be really fun, Amy!

The Donkey said...

Glad your kid is doing well. it's amazing what their little bodies can do

Courtney said...

That is so great! What a year. I hope he gets an over-the-top "best birthday party ever" this year.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Isaac!! I'm so excited he's doing so well. I can't wait to see him and his siblings in a couple of weeks!
Love, Annie

bluestocking mama said...

yay for isaac! (and yay for mom!)

Gabriela said...

Yay for Isaac!!!