Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Book #60: Bonk


Title: Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex
Author: Mary Roach

Mary Roach's newest book, in which she tackles the science of sex.

If I thought Mary Roach talking about cadavers was funny, I should have known that she'd outdo herself in Bonk. How could you not love an author who, in the name of scientific research, enlists her husband in participating in a sex study-- and then writes about the experience? I laughed so hard that Eddie decided that he had to read it, then he read all of the funny passages back to me. I'll say this-- if you're fainthearted about sex, this might not be the book for you. Or rather, maybe you should read it and have your eyes opened. I know that I, for one, will never look at my electric toothbrush quite the same way again.

No comments: