Saturday, May 10, 2008

A very happy Mother's Day to all the moms in my life....

I love you all and appreciate the moms you are and the mothering you do to my little family:

My mom, at her favorite place, playing with a favorite boy:


My mother-in-law, Gwen, at her favorite place, with a favorite girl:


My godmother, Annie, with another awesome kid:


My sister-in-law, Patience, holding her baby, Mateo:


My sweet Nana, a mother to six, grandmother to eight, and great-grandmother to eight more:


My aunts Kate and Beth, both holding babies:


My sister-in-law Alison, who paddles a mean canoe:


My sisters-in-law Callie and Cate (a mom in embryo), with assorted other members of the clan:


My sister Jilly, who already mothers my brood:


And the ones who make it all worth it:

8 comments:

Lei said...

Wow Shelah you have so many amazing women around you! Thanks for sharing - the pictures are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet pictures. I can't wait to see my kiddos next month! You are quite a Mom yourself ...

Love, Annie

Gabriela said...

What a nice post.

Happy Mother's Day to you.

(loved your haircut post-I feel EXACTLY the same as you-and get my hair cut about as often as you!)

Jeannette said...

I loved seeing and hearing about the mothers in your life!

Darlene said...

Hey, Shelah, nice to find your blog (and thanks for visiting mine). I love that running picture on your banner--you look so happy and together! Happy Mother's Day.

Company EIGHT said...

Love all the pics--such a visual reminder of all the mothers in our lives, and how much they impact us. You have a great support team!!

Patience said...

You're so thoughtful. Thanks for the post. I hope your mother's day was perfect. How's the haircut? (Ethan's hoping it didn't all come off.)

Shelah said...

I didn't cut it all off, Patience. You can tell my brother to rest easy.