Monday, May 5, 2008

He's 8, but he's still my baby!


Bryce turned eight yesterday. We've been celebrating all weekend. He had a video game birthday party on Friday night with four friends. We ordered pizza and made cupcakes, but they were so busy smashing and brawling on the Wii that they hardly ate anything. I think they all had a good time. Over the weekend, with Eddie gone to Dallas, I took the kids on a marathon zoo trip, where Bryce "saw everything but the jaguars and a couple of birds." Let's just call our willingness to be dragged all over the entire zoo our birthday gift to him. Yesterday he opened his presents, and I think Annie has finally stopped crying over the fact that she didn't get a pair of Heelys too. We had a delicious birthday dinner of Tyson chicken nuggets (Bryce's choice), and now that dad is home, we're going out to dinner to make the rest of the family happy, too. It was a great weekend and I can hardly believe that the kid who started out life weighing less than five pounds is now up to my shoulder. He's getting baptized next month, and all day yesterday he kept updating us on the amount of time that had passed since the magical early-morning moment when he turned eight years old ("it's 11:32, that means I've been eight for exactly five hours and 48 minutes!"). Happy birthday, buddy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Bryce!! And man where does the time go? sounds like a fabulous weekend and party! I would've chowed down on pizza and cupcakes :)

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Happy birthday Bryce! Macy turns 8 next month and it's scaring me a little. When did I get old enough to have an 8 year old?

Lei said...

That is such a handsome picture!

Anonymous said...

I love Bryce's new picture -- and loved hearing about the party and celebration. I remember so well that morning 8 years ago when your Mom called to say "little" Bryce was here! He's a blessing to us all. How many windows did Annie wash?!

Love, Annie

Anonymous said...

They grow up so fast eh?

Happy birthday to him. (And congrats to you.)

smart mama said...

I still remember him as a baby- yay for growing up bryce

Queen of the Castle said...

Happy Birthday Bryce!