Sunday, April 6, 2008

A favorite tradition bites the dust...

About six months ago, I posted about my favorite Sunday pants. Gray, soft, stretchy-- perfect for lounging and napping. Anne, my fairy godmother in all ways, surprised me at Christmas with an exact replica of the original pants, which had been worn out with much Sunday afternoon slumber. Unfortunately, after four months of wear, the new pants are still in nearly pristine condition, since my Sunday naps seem to be a thing of the past. We've had some busy Sundays around here lately. I thought I'd be able to sneak in a little catnap between conference sessions this afternoon (letting the three older kids roam freely throughout the house while Eddie's at the hospital), but Maren, who cannot roam unsupervised, woke up from her own too-short rest just as MoTab stood up to sing its final song. Foiled again. The new pants, although cozy, seem to carry some bad napping juju. In fact, I think they're mocking me right now.

If you're reading this, it means you're not napping either. I just wrote my first guest post at Feminist Mormon Housewives. Go read it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good guest post. I had a tear in my eye when you talked about how far you've came. Good for you!

Take care.

Shelah said...

thank you!

Anonymous said...

Love the guest post. Very nice. I really like the part about "barely running a mile without passing out," since that's where I'm at right now. It's nice to know it's possible to go from there to running marathons.

It's so funny the way you meet people again on the internet--this is Emily from our scholarship competition way back. I'm doing the young mommy thing too (Pooptastrophe is a great word! I may borrow it.) and I blog at Segullah. Great to run into you, so to speak.

Heather H said...

I loved your post! I too miss my Sunday naps, with church at 9am you would think I could find away to get one in but it never seems to happen!