Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sometimes life just isn't all that interesting...

Not much blog-worthy going on in our lives right now. Here's a list of the minor highlights of the last ten days or so:
  • Isaac goes back to the doctor in four more days and we hope he be broken free from his blue prison.
  • Maren answers every question with "yeah."
  • Annie is turning six on Saturday. She decided she wanted to have a cake decorating birthday party. I have six cakes in my freezer waiting for her to decorate with her brother and her friends (she could only invite three-- and even still, I think I'm a little bit crazy).
  • Bryce's school had its big reading night last week. Bryce won the biggest prize of the night-- a new bike. Then the kids started to play bingo and Bryce was the first person to win at bingo too. Unfortunately his lucky winning streak didn't extend to the Pinewood Derby two days later. He's trying to learn to both win and lose with grace.
  • Eddie's awesome nuclear rotation, where he only had to work one or two mornings a week, came to an abrupt end on February 1st. I don't think he's seen Maren since.
  • I'm getting ready to run a half-marathon on Saturday morning. It's on the beach, and I'm just running it for fun and for the experience, not for a time. I keep having to remind myself of that. I also got my knee injury diagnosed and have been working on rehabbing it, so this race should be a good litmus test for whether or not I'll be healthy enough to run the marathon in April.
  • Only seventeen days until we go to Mexico! Not that I'm counting, or anything....

4 comments:

ditndetes said...

WTG, Bryce!!! I bet he's excited over the new bike! Good luck this weekend at your race!

Gabriela said...

Well-Bryce's life sure sounds bloggable!

Where are you going in Mexico? I miss Mexico.

Good luck on your race! (and the second attempt at the cast removal!)

Amber said...

That all sounds fun and interesting! I hope the cast comes off and yay on the bike!

Lei said...

Just dropping in to say hola. Good luck with the knee and the cast removal, and the missing husband. Lol.