Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Me: A to Z

A- Attached or Single? Very attached. As in five times over. A couple of months ago, a very sweet guy working a kiosk at the mall made a pass at me (probably trying to get me to buy his hand scrub) and I was thinking, "If you only knew, buddy, you'd stay far, far away."
B- Best Friend? smartmama, my mom and Eddie
C- Cake or Pie?

Most definitely cake. Preferably chocolate, made from scratch, with chocolate frosting and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
D- Day of Choice? Friday. I think I like the anticipation of the weekend more than the actual weekend.
E- Essential Item?


F- Favorite Color? Red
G- Gummy Bears or Worms? I don't waste my calories on gummies. I go for the good stuff (see letter "D" above)
H- Hometown? currently Deep in the Heart of Texas, but I'm a New Englander at heart
I- Favorite Indulgence? sitting in my soaker tub filled with warm water and bubbles, eating a hot fudge sundae and reading
J- January or July? Here in Texas it's definitely January, but I think that even when I lived in the temperate zone I preferred January. My birthday is in January, and I prefer sweaters to shorts.
K- Kids?
Two matched sets. It would be the perfect family if I weren't pining for another...
L- Life isn't complete without?

a baby in the house
M- Marriage date? I'll celebrate anniversary #11 in April. But if you want to know how the old married folks like us get their jollies-- we like to pick a restaurant where we've never been before (here in Houston there are plenty of great options).
N- Number of brothers and sisters?

one brother, one sister, I'm the oldest (as if you couldn't have guessed that).
O--Oranges or Apples? In their whole fruit form, I prefer apples, especially Honeycrisps (I hate the white stuff inside of oranges). But I can't stand apple juice. Drinking it makes me feel like I'm three.
P- Phobias and Fears? I'm deathly afraid of vomiting. I've gotten mostly over my fear of other people's vomit. Unless, of course, dealing with their vomit might infect me. I'm also terrified of driving over bridges with my kids strapped into their car seats.
Q- Quote? I really like this one (stolen from my friend and idol, Jenn): "If we did all the things we were capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." ~Thomas Edison
R- Reason to smile?
That I'll be here next week.
S- Season of choice? Fall and spring both feel like such a relief. I can't wait to get back to them!
T- Tag three people? If you've read this, consider yourself tagged.
U- Unknown fact about me?


I played Patty Simcox in Grease when I was in high school. Everyone said it was typecasting. For the record, I was not a cheerleader. Just annoying, I guess.
V- Vegetable? Sweet potatoes, because they're almost like dessert.
W- Worst Habit? Public flatulence. Just call me SBD.
Y- Your favorite food? If I could subsist on desserts alone, I think I would. I like other foods, but dessert makes the bran flakes worth eating.
Z- Zoo animal?
Mandrills. I love how colorful they are.

3 comments:

smart mama said...

c'mon a front shot of the mandrill?? that cake looks yum!and as always go for #5!

Lucy said...

Very cute. And I do feel like I know you better:)

Unknown said...

Hello,
You are referencing an image from our Website: http://www.pims.math.ca/industrial/2003/summw/mandrill.jpg

Can you please take this code out of your blog.
Thank you.
chris bovard
web developer
www.pims.math.ca