Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Headed to the "happiest place on Earth"


Tomorrow morning, I'm picking Bryce and Annie up at school, and my friend Heidi is driving me and the four kids to the airport to fly to Orlando. My grandparents are having their 60th wedding anniversary party at Epcot this weekend, and they promised all of their progeny that if we could get ourselves to Florida, they'd put us up in style. Since I've been planning the weekend for the last year and a half, I have to say that I think they're making good on their end of the bargain. We're going to a character dinner tomorrow night with our Alaska cousins. My parents have promised not to desert me with my four kids at the Magic Kingdom on Friday. Eddie is arriving Friday night and we're taking the kids to Animal Kingdom and Epcot on Saturday (they're more "educational" according to my oh-so-fun-loving husband). Then on Saturday night, we'll be celebrating Grandma and Grandpa with a dinner in Norway (well, Norway, Epcot-style), followed by a dessert party and fireworks on the Moroccan shores (well, Morocco, Epcot-style). It should be really cool. We're all staying on Disney property and all of us, except for two grandkids (out of 14) and one doofus of a son, going to be there.


I'll return and report with pictures next week!

5 comments:

Alissa said...

I can't believe you're coming all the way to Orlando, and not even saying hi! I'm off to sulk in my corner.

sheri said...

How totally exciting! Have a great trip! And go say hi to Alissa. Please!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Can't wait for the pics! Have fun. And you're either very very brave or very very stupid for flying w/all 4 by yourself.

:o)

Lucy said...

What a perfect break at the end of September. Have fun.

lyn said...

How fun for you guys!! Orlando is great, isn't it?!